Thursday, July 26, 2007

Self Portrait July 25, 2007


My first selfportrait. The challenge for the month is about your connection to one of the elements (earth, water, fire, air). I decided to start with water and the first thing that came to mind was the pond at our front entrance. Dipping my toes in the water where my pet goldfish enjoy their days. It seemed like a statement of contentment and intouch with nature.


Upon reflection of this photo I can see that it shows my reluctance to show more then the bare minimum required. The toenails that need to be shaped and polished a reflection on how my life is right now. So many things that need to be done but haven't been - a lack of self maintenance going on.

On an interesting note, this moment of pause at the pondside while I awaited for the fish to approach my toes gave the opportunity to discover a baby goldfish.

No comments: