Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exciting news...a not so exciting body

On monday we began sharing our exciting news. Andy and I are expecting!

And so begins an emotional rollercoaster. The what have we done, how is this going to change life, etc, etc. I am very excited don't get me wrong but when I feel like heaving for the first 5 hours of the day it can be slightly difficult to remain excited every moment of the day. I am currently feeling exhausted - all the time. I just want to curl up in bed with a million blankets on me and nap - nothing more - nothing less.

I have told "piglet" (doesn't my darling husband come up with the most wonderful names) that we are going to be over this nausea thing by monday. Do babies that are less then an inch long listen to these requests? Probably not. I just want to feel normal at work again. It has been a rough week with the boss away and I am supposed to hold down the fort. Can't exactly call in sick now can I.

I am sure in a couple of weeks I'll look back at this and think - it wasn't really that bad. Until then I'll just keep slugging through it.

No comments: